I feel completely cheated: when I arrived in BA, I somehow managed to be on the one flight a day that's international, but arrives at the domestic terminal. And this terminal, where most international flights arrive + depart is *much* nicer! Sheesh!
My suitcase was overweight, which I suspected might be the case. I packed it so amazingly full that I hope they don't try to search it, since there's no way it's all going to fit in there again!
She kept trying to convince me to check a second bag. I suppose I could have somehow moved my carry-on bag contents into a shopping bag (good stores here give out nice canvas ones) and checked my current carry-on bag. Or I could have bought a cheap suitcase and then kept the carry-on with me. Either way, I have no desire to have another bag to lug around O'Hare when I arrive there at 5 am CT (3 am PT!).
She felt so bad aboit charging me that she moved my seat, so it turns out it was probably the best $50 I've ever spent: I went from a middle seat near the back to an aisle seat in what appears to be an exit row. Score! I usually prefer window seats, but since this is such a long flight I want the ability to easily get up and walk around every hour or so.
So now I'm chillin' at the gate, savoring how nice and relaxed I am, and what a nice week it was (well, except for Monday night). I'm sure I'll think of more to write later, but for now I'm going to watch the Argentina tourism video playing on the TV here (kind-of a weird place to show it, by the international departure gates, eh?)
Friday, May 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment