Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Seriously - splurge + stay at the Park Hyatt

They have been so wonderful that I am now a walking endorsement. They know I'm alone here now and helped me make lunch and dinner reservations for the rest of my trip, and also gave me a ticket to the very-hip ArteBA exhibition opening tonight. I know very little about contemporary art and even less about South American art, but I am excited nonetheless.
Today I slept in, worked out, then figured out where I wanted the concierge to make me reservations while eating a room service breakfast. Very decadent and vacation-ish!
I shopped most of the afternoon, taking breaks to eat and people watch.
The exchange rate here is amazing, and for Argentine-made goods, they are tax free so you get a refund of (I believe) about 12% back at the airport. The leather goods are amazing, but after browsing a bit it starts to be clear that a lot of stores carry similar styles. Ann had advised me on a couple of places with stellar reputations -- and the leather was gorgeous -- but the bags were exactly the same styles. I realize that nobody I know at home will have the same purse or shoes, but that still sort of bothers me. I don't necessarily need one-of-a-kind (or the price that that sort of thing would require!), but want to feel like I scored a "find".
I did find a pair of classic, gorgeous black boots. They are lined in a spring-y pistachio color and fit perfectly. I will have to come up with a different shopping mission for tomorrow, maybe (very early) Christmas gifts.
I'm off to change outfits and go see some art!

No comments: