favorite things discovered in 2004
movies (yes, I know this is a lame short list, and none of the movies were actually released in 2004, but that's when I saw them):
Hero
Love, Actually
Moulin Rouge
I really dug Stella McCartney's costumes for Gwyneth Paltrow in "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow", and it sure was pretty to watch, but overall the film didn't do it for me.
books:
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenberger
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
Life of Pi by Yann Martel
The Emperor of Scent by Chandler Burr
books by Alan Furst
music:
CDs:
- Loretta Lynn "Van Lear Rose"
- Franz Ferdinand: best workout CD of the year
- Sondre Lerche "Two Way Monologue"
- Saturday Looks Good to Me "Every Night" (although "All Your Summer Songs" is great too)
- old stuff by Bruce Springsteen -- somehow I just got really into him this year
live shows:
- Ozomotli
- Dirty Dozen Brass Band
- Hepcat
foodstuffs:
Senseo: i love coffee, and i love Senseo
Zatarain's Red Beans and Rice mix -- even better when you add spicy sausage and some green onions
Big Bowl restaraunt for not-very authentic but really yummy stirfry dishes with lots of veggies. I especially love Blazing Beef Noodles. YUM! (Steve thinks this dish is better at Vong's, and I tend to agree, but Big Bowl was more of our regular place in 2004)
Frontera Grill salsa -- the BEST
miscellaneous stuff:
The Chicago Wolves, especially their mascot Skates
Lush Bath Bombs, which Steve kept stealing from me (he especially likes the ones with seaweed in it)
the game "Showbiz Shuffle"
going to Arlington Park to watch the horses
Lincoln Park Zoo -- it ROCKS that it's free, and in December they have the Farmer's Market at the Lion House (!)
Sunday, January 02, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment