Monday, April 12, 2004

This weekend was our last weekend to clean out Fort Awesome, and it was really sad. Not only were there completely random things left behind, but the house was pretty dusty and had a bunch of those irritating dead Japanese beetle bugs lying around -- it really did look like nobody had been there. I took both my digital camera and my 35mm camera to Michigan and ended up not taking any photos with either since the house was too changed for me to do so. I wish I had taken some when all of our things were still there. I guess I was too busy getting ready to move over the holidays (as well as enjoy the holidays!) to do that, and I kept thinking I'd be back there for a weekend, and I wasn't. When we finally were done getting rid of everything and putting the trash out and sweeping, I wrote a note to the new owners and left it on the kitchen counter. I started crying, and I'm starting to tear up right now thinking about it as well... I loved that house, probably even more than the little house that I grew up in. I was really proud of it and loved that it was a gathering place for our friends. I told the new owners that we had a nickname for it and that they could email us with any questions. I want them to take good care of her...
I am crying again. I am such a sap...

No comments: