Tuesday, April 20, 2004

My favorite story of the week (not 'cause I am glad this happened, but I like the goofiness of it):

Close encounter with oven cools off Oliver's love story

London: Celebrity chef Jamie Olier learned recently that if you can't take the heat, definitely get out of the kitchen, at least when you're not fully dressed. While cooking a Valentine's Day meal at home for his wife, Jools, the Naked Chef took his moniker all too seriously -- with disastrous results. He elected to put the meal together while he was in the altogether.
According to a report in The Sun newspaper, the naked chef managed to burn his -- hmmm, how should we say -- manhood on the stove as he cooked away.
"I was naked in the kitchen and burnt (myself)," he told The Sun. "I really ruined my evening and my night."
The burn seemingly cooled down Oliver's ardor for the rest of the night, so, upon recovery, he took his wife to Paris to make up for causing the romantic inconvenience.

_______________________

If only Steve had been able to take me to Paris after he burnt his arm/chest/stomach in the kitchen last fall...

No comments: