i was in nyc on sunday night, staying with my friend andy (whose g.f., my b.f., was out of town). we couldn't get enough of hurricane coverage. we both had work to do, but we kept CNN on. and then once he went to bed (and i kept working) i couldn't stop hitting 'refresh' on my browser window to see if something else had happened in hurricane katrina's path.
was it just me (and steve, who mentioned it when i got back to chicago), or did the band 'katrina and the waves' come to anyone else's mind during this whole thing? horrible i know, but true.
at one point on sunday night, as the world waited for the storm to move slowly north to make its next landfall, there wasn't anything to show on t.v., so the newscaster actually showed the covers of sunday newspapers, sharing their ridiculous headlines. my favorite headline was published on monday, and i believe it was by the new york post (figures); 'the big queasy'.
...
tonight, i went with some friends from work to ravinia, which is an amazing outdoor concert venue here. strangely enough, you can't see the stage from the majority of the 'lawn' seating area, but it doesn't really matter since everyone is having too much fun picnicing. :) we saw the gypsy kings tonight, which was fun, and downright relaxingly therapeutic.
g'night.
Tuesday, August 30, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I saw a headline that said "Katrina Threatens To Turn New Orleans Into A Cesspool" and I thought two things:
1. I wish I knew somebody named Katrina who was planning on going to New Orleans so I could frame it for her.
2. In some parts of town, who's going to notice if New Orleans gets "turned into" a cesspool?
Post a Comment